Thursday, April 28, 2011

A DJ's DJ ( Skribble ) ( Edited Version )

Since I can remember I've always been a huge fan of DJ Skribble ever since he was the DJ for a rap group called "Young Black Teenagers."  Their first single was called "Tap the Bottle" and it had a cool chorus with a nice beat.  When I finally saw the video all I could do was see how the rappers interacted with the dj ( skribble ) and how he was entertaining to the music that he played.  For some reason an idea popped into my head that one day with lots of practicing I too could do exactly what dj ( skribble ) did.  A few months later I purchased my first 2 turntables and a mixer from cutting lawns during the summer of 93'.  I wanted to be the entertainer and mixer all in one the way Skribble was.  My first gig was when I was 14 years old and it was a sweet sixteen in the local clubhouse next to my house.  The gig was a great success and I accomplished all that I had set out to do like mix and move the crowd.   I currently run a DJ/Entertainment company called GSL Entertainment and I DJ in various nightclubs and create music mashups.  Thanks to DJ Skribble for being a inspiration to me and to all the DJs out there!

In Closing: With a resume the size of an elephant and the experience of a Harvard professor DJ Skribble has traveled the world to entertain for his fans but I still can't understand how come the hardest working man in show business still can't win America's Best DJ?


DJ Skribble (born Scott Ialacci; October 10, 1968) is an Italian-American DJproducerremixerradio personality and actor.
In the early 1990s he teamed up with Kamron, ATA, Firstborn, and Tommy Never in Young Black Teenagers, who released two albums before splitting up.[1]
In 1996 he worked with Bill Irwin on the musical Hip Hop Wonderland. He also worked on Wyclef Jean's first album,[1] as well as with another Fugee Lauryn Hill.[2]
Skribble has released several mix albums, including two volumes of Traffic Jams, two volumes of MDMAEssential Dance 2000(on Atlantic Records), Essential Spring Break and Skribble's House (both on London-Sire Records) and Perfecto Presents: DJ Skribble (on ThriveDance/Perfecto Records).
Skribble has also worked on MTV's The GrindTotal Request LiveSpring Break,[3] Hip Hop Night and the Millennium Special Live.[4] He has appeared several times on various radio and television shows, and appeared in the 2000 film Turn It Up, credited as 'DJ'.[5] Skribble was also a judge for the 8th annual Independent Music Awards to support independent artists.[6] [7]
He owns a car customization shop called "Skribble's Auto Spa" located in QueensNew York.

                                
                                 


No comments:

Post a Comment